[Fedora-join] Volunteer/Introduction
Barry Griffin
2021-05-08 15:46:03 UTC
Hello,

My name is Barry Griffin, I am based in Cork, Ireland.

I have been an I.T. professional for the last 15 years, working primarily
as a Network Engineer but I have worked in a startup company where I got
was involved in a wide variety of projects so have experience in Windows
Server, AWS, Citrix.

I am keen to contribute to the Fedora Project in any way possible.

Is documentation a good place to start? Open to suggestions :-)

Regards & thanks,
Barry
Do not reply to spam on the list, report it: https
Ankur Sinha
2021-05-10 09:57:03 UTC
Post by Barry Griffin
Hello,
My name is Barry Griffin, I am based in Cork, Ireland.
Hello Barry,

Welcome!
Post by Barry Griffin
I have been an I.T. professional for the last 15 years, working primarily
as a Network Engineer but I have worked in a startup company where I got
was involved in a wide variety of projects so have experience in Windows
Server, AWS, Citrix.
I am keen to contribute to the Fedora Project in any way possible.
Is documentation a good place to start? Open to suggestions :-)
Yes! You can perhaps get started with the quick-docs---these are short
notes on how to do stuff with Fedora. With your expertise in networking,
perhaps you could review the docs there and add some new ones you think
are missing?

https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/quick-docs/

Monitoring Ask Fedora may also be a good way to see what issues users
commonly run into, some of which are perhaps common enough to add to
quick-docs:

https://ask.fedoraproject.org

The ticket @hhlp opened for you will also have some information that
will help you quickly learn more about the community and its many many
initiatives/projects/teams.
--
Thanks,
Regards,