[Fedora-join] Cleared up ML moderation queue
Ankur Sinha
2018-10-04 08:06:39 UTC
Hello,

I've just cleared up the message moderation queue. Most of it was spam,
but a few genuine e-mails did get stuck in there too. I've let them
through now, although I think it's too late for us to follow up on them.

To ensure that we don't let this happen again, we need more people
looking at the moderation queue. It only takes 5 minutes a week. I've
filed a ticket here. If you're OK with being a mailing list moderator,
please comment on the ticket to let us know. I'd like to add 2--3 folks.

https://pagure.io/fedora-join/Fedora-Join/issue/84
--
Thanks,
Regards,

Ankur Sinha "FranciscoD"

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ankursinha
Time zone: Europe/London
Joakim Forøysund
2018-10-04 08:30:37 UTC
Post by Ankur Sinha
Hello,
I've just cleared up the message moderation queue. Most of it was spam,
but a few genuine e-mails did get stuck in there too. I've let them
through now, although I think it's too late for us to follow up on them.
To ensure that we don't let this happen again, we need more people
looking at the moderation queue. It only takes 5 minutes a week. I've
filed a ticket here. If you're OK with being a mailing list moderator,
please comment on the ticket to let us know. I'd like to add 2--3 folks.
https://pagure.io/fedora-join/Fedora-Join/issue/84
--
Thanks,
Regards,
Ankur Sinha "FranciscoD"
Hi! I can do that. Not sure where or how to do it, though. With a little
guidance to get me going I can help.
Best regards, Joakim - "foroysund"
Ankur Sinha
2018-10-04 13:29:47 UTC
<snippity!>
Hi! I can do that. Not sure where or how to do it, though. With a little
guidance to get me going I can help.
Best regards, Joakim - "foroysund"
Thank you for volunteering Jaokim. I've upgraded your account to that of
a moderator. Essentially, it requires one to look at this page from time
to time and discard the spam and accept genuine e-mails:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/admin/lists/fedora-join.lists.fedoraproject.org/held_messages

You should also receive e-mail notifications when a message gets held (I
think).

We now have 3 new moderators:
- Joakim (foroysund)
- jflory
- bt0dotninja

Thanks for volunteering, all of you. :)

Time zone: Europe/London
Joakim Forøysund
Thanks! What's the difference between 'reject' and 'discard'?
Justin W. Flory
2018-10-05 00:25:58 UTC
Post by Joakim Forøysund
Thanks! What's the difference between 'reject' and 'discard'?
Usually you want to "discard" spam.

"Reject" deletes the held message and sends a notification to the sender
that their email was rejected because of $REASON. "Discard" deletes the
message and does not send anything.

I had the same first question. :-)
--
Cheers,