[Fedora-join] Introductions
Trevor McKay
2021-05-07 22:08:37 UTC
Hello everyone!

My name is Trevor and I'm introducing myself here with the hope of getting involved in the Fedora project! I guess
I will share a bit about myself. I am a student of computer engineering and German language in California. As far as
occupational interests go, I like to follow RISC-V, Linux (of course), and Rust. Outside of that, I'm into some outdoors stuff
like mountain biking and camping and am a big volleyball fan (mostly indoor).

Early on in my studies I was introduced to Linux and have an enthusiastic user for the past few years. I've done my fair
share of distro-hopping, but in the past few months, I gave Fedora Linux a go and was very impressed. The release of
Fedora 34 got me especially excited and I decided I'd like to give back.

I'd be happy to help in any way I can! I'd be especially interested in testing, packaging, or development work. As far
as skills the project might find useful, I'm most comfortable in C, Rust, and Python and I have some experience with
security/cryptography and embedded systems (maybe useful to Fedora IoT?). Still, I don't profess to be an
expert in any of these things, and I am hoping to learn more alongside my contributions.

I look forward to meeting some of you all!

Trevor McKay
***@trmckay.com
Ankur Sinha
2021-05-10 09:52:45 UTC
Post by Trevor McKay
Hello everyone!
My name is Trevor and I'm introducing myself here with the hope of getting involved in the Fedora project! I guess
I will share a bit about myself. I am a student of computer engineering and German language in California. As far as
occupational interests go, I like to follow RISC-V, Linux (of course), and Rust. Outside of that, I'm into some outdoors stuff
like mountain biking and camping and am a big volleyball fan (mostly indoor).
Hi Trevor!

Welcome!
Post by Trevor McKay
Early on in my studies I was introduced to Linux and have an enthusiastic user for the past few years. I've done my fair
share of distro-hopping, but in the past few months, I gave Fedora Linux a go and was very impressed. The release of
Fedora 34 got me especially excited and I decided I'd like to give back.
I'd be happy to help in any way I can! I'd be especially interested in testing, packaging, or development work. As far
as skills the project might find useful, I'm most comfortable in C, Rust, and Python and I have some experience with
security/cryptography and embedded systems (maybe useful to Fedora IoT?). Still, I don't profess to be an
expert in any of these things, and I am hoping to learn more alongside my contributions.
I look forward to meeting some of you all!
We look forward to working with you! There are always lots of tools
looking for maintainers to include them in Fedora. If you'd like to
package some tools that aren't in Fedora already, or help
maintain/update/improve tools that are, this is probably the best place
to start:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_get_sponsored_into_the_packager_group

The sponsors actively monitor package reviews and the -devel mailing
list, so you can get in touch with the community there for any
queries/suggestions related to most of the more tech bits in Fedora.

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/***@lists.fedoraproject.org/
--
Thanks,
Regards,