[Fedora-join] How do I translate docs?
Joakim Forøysund
2018-10-01 11:06:51 UTC
Hi!
I would like to translate some docs, but not sure where to start. I
successfully translated some software a few months ago, so all formalities
should be fine. All docs files in Zanata are shown as read-only. Am I
missing something? Please point me in the right direction. :)

Joakim
Justin W. Flory
2018-10-01 11:46:07 UTC
Post by Joakim Forøysund
Hi!
I would like to translate some docs, but not sure where to start. I
successfully translated some software a few months ago, so all
formalities should be fine. All docs files in Zanata are shown as
read-only. Am I missing something? Please point me in the right
direction. :)
Hi Joakim, welcome! I am including the Fedora Docs mailing list on this
reply.

There is ongoing work to support localization and translation for Fedora
Docs, but it is not yet ready. I am not sure if Zanata will be used or
not. See this thread for more info:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/***@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/6Z7ZNXEJQL3LV2Q2RGZVSEDX65HTVXHN/

I'm not sure if there is anything you can do to support the translations
yet, but someone else on the list should be able to explain better than me.
--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory
***@gmail.com
Brian (bex) Exelbierd
2018-10-01 12:41:53 UTC
Also follow the localization onboarding at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N which generally means contacting the
language team you want to work with.

regards,

bex
List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
--
Brian (bex) Exelbierd | ***@redhat.com | ***@pobox.com
Fedora Community Action & Impact Coordinator
@bexelbie | http://www.winglemeyer.org
j***@gmail.com
2018-10-01 12:59:26 UTC
Post by Justin W. Flory
Post by Joakim Forøysund
Hi!
I would like to translate some docs, but not sure where to start. I
successfully translated some software a few months ago, so all
formalities should be fine. All docs files in Zanata are shown as
read-only. Am I missing something? Please point me in the right
direction. :)
Hi Joakim, welcome! I am including the Fedora Docs mailing list on this
reply.
There is ongoing work to support localization and translation for Fedora
Docs, but it is not yet ready. I am not sure if Zanata will be used or
I'm not sure if there is anything you can do to support the
translations
yet, but someone else on the list should be able to explain better than me.
Thanks a lot guys! I`ll hang arount until it`s ready for me to
participate. (Meanwhile I`ll learn some Python.)